LEOMINSTER – The body of fallen Army Pfc. Jonathan Roberge will be brought home to Leominster Tuesday morning, and Mayor Dean J. Mazzarella is asking residents to stand along the procession route to honor the soldier.

Roberge, 22, died Feb. 9 in Iraq when an explosive detonated near the Humvee he was driving. He is the first Leominster serviceman to die in combat since the Vietnam War.

“We’re asking people if they could just stand out along the route, as a way to welcome him home,” Mazzarella said Sunday.

Roberge’s body is expected to arrive at the Hanscom Air Force Base around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, and Mazzarella said a State Police escort will bring a procession back to Leominster.

They should be arriving in Leominster between 10:15 a.m. and 11 a.m., Mazzarella said.

The procession will exit Route 2 onto the Leominster Connector, up Mechanic and West Streets to Maple Street, onto Merriam Avenue and into Fitchburg to the Brandon Funeral Home, Mazzarella said.

Funeral services are expected later in the week, with a wake at Leominster City Hall.

Public calling hours will be held Wednesday at City Hall from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., with a private, family wake following. Roberge’s funeral will be held Thursday at 11 a.m. in St. Cecilia’s Church on Mechanic Street in Leominster, according to the Brandon Funeral Home.

There is also a candlelight vigil Monday night, starting at 6 p.m., in honor of Roberge at City Hall, 25 West Street.

Roberge isa 2005 graduate of Leominster High School’s Center for Technical Education, where he focused on automotive technology. He enlisted in the Army last January and deployed to Iraq in December.

He was one of four Army soldiers killed in the attack in Mosul, the Department of Defense reported last week.